Tuesday, April 24, 2012

I never want to forget

As the days quickly pass and our little bean continues to sprout, the weeks past seem like a distant memory. There are little idiosyncrasies and nuances that I never want to forget. So I will write them here as a reminder :)
Gia Lenora, I will never forget...

  • That first glimpse I caught of you, when they held you up for us to see. "Who IS that little Italian baby?", I thought to myself. And though I always thought I would cry at the first sight of you, I didn't; instead I giggled. I was giddy with excitement.
  • Those first few nights in the hospital. I was SO tired but never wanted to put you down. You were mine. My baby. 
  • Late night feedings the first two months. You rarely woke me up to let me know that you needed to eat by crying. Instead you grunted and groaned, stirred a little. I would lean over to see you in your bassinet, and your eyes were so big and round in the dark. We would lock eyes and I would scoop you up and stare into those baby blues. Obviously you can't talk yet, but this was mother-child communication at it's finest. I loved being able to give you exactly what you needed, and you told me with that look in your eyes that you knew I would. And it was the best feeling in the world. 
  • Tubby Time! You love to take a bath now. You hated the sponge baths we gave you before your cord fell off, but after 4 weeks when it finally did and we could put you in your little whale tub you started to love it. Again, those sweet baby eyes get so big and round and you are in heaven :)
  • At about 6 weeks you started smiling. Best. Feeling. Ever. Now you flash me a big bright one everytime you wake up. 
  • When you discovered your hands. You would stare at the cross-eyed, and slowly bring them to your face. You eventually discovered that they can go into your mouth. Neat! That is where they permanantly reside these days. 
  • Diaper changes. You HATED them until about 3 weeks ago. Now you fuss for just a moment sometimes when I lay you down, but then you remember that changing time=play time. After you have a clean booty we sing and play and have a jolly good time. Sometimes these 'diaper changes' last over 30 minutes :)
  • Lately I have been sitting you on my lap while I play the piano. You enjoy Bach, and will gladly sit and listen for a good 2-3 pieces. 
  • Dancing to Queen in the loft. 
  • Your Belle doll. You smile everytime you see her. Every.Single.Time. 
  • Your first giggles. You are still at the stage where it freaks you out when one escapes. First was at Jenny Gioia a week ago, then last week at Grandpa and Belle a few times, and yesterday on the bed when I was bouncing you. Can't wait for the full-on belly laughs :)
  • Your crunches. It cracks me up to see you work those abs. 


I love you, Gia Lenora. You're super cool. 


Love, 
Mom

1 comment: