Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I'm really going to miss

Using my belly as a table
Watching the dance party in my ute
Having an excuse to pig out
Laying with my hand on my belly, feeling Poppy move and grow
Footrubs and backrubs from Daddy


But I truly cannot bare the thought of having to wait one more minute to...


See your little face
Kiss your little fingers and toes
Hear Daddy say "It's a Boy!" or "It's a Girl!"
Choose the perfect name for you
Lay you on my chest and feel your heart beat
Hear your voice (even if it IS in the form of a scream!)
Look deep into your eyes and tell you how much I love you
Nurse you
Wrap you in a blanket like a little baby burrito
Pinch your thunder thighs 
Sing you our lullaby
Watch you sleep
See Daddy hold you
Be your mommy


I love you, Poppy. Come on out and play!


Reasons why Poppy wants to stay in:
(S)he knows (s)he won't get to enjoy all of the delicious junk food I've been eating for the last few weeks to drown my anxiety
It's always warm
It's pretty dark and quiet and makes for an excellent sleeping environment
Mommy is keeping him/her safe, sound, and protected
Floating is fun!
He/She has mild agoraphobia like Nonna
He/She wants to be like daddy...a full week late! Gah!
He/She takes after his/her father and likes to tease and pester Mommy
He/She just loves Mommy so damn much, (s)he doesn't want to leave. So there! 

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I love the 'what I'll miss' list - it's just like mine!

    I'm due in about 3 weeks with my little 'Pippa' (as we're calling her, not her name), and it's so exciting, and scary, and exciting!

    Can't wait to hear all about Poppy's arrival! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete