Friday, December 30, 2011

36

I didn't post last week! Feeling like a bad mama. Things were hectic with the holidays, but we had a lovely Christmas with our families. Happy Birthday Jesus! 
Today (well, yesterday, since it's now past midnight) marks 36 weeks! Squeeeeeeeeee! 
At this point Poppy is about 6 pounds and over 18 inches long. Baby is gaining about 1/2 a pound a week...wow! Chub up, Pops! I will have another ultrasound next week to check Poppy's size, and make sure he/she is not too big to fit through my pelvis. Mama has breedin' hips, so I think we'll be OK even if this little one has a huge head like Daddy did when he was born. I had a rather large noggin too :)
I have this entire week off for Winter Break, and I cannot freakin believe tomorrow is Friday...how the hail did that happen?! I have a long list of things I wanted to get done around the house over break, and just started on them today. So far I have washed and prepped all of our beautiful cloth diapers. Yay! So we've got your butt covered, Poppy. I also worked on getting ahead on my own laundry (this is always a challenge for me). I put all of the christmas decorations and gifts away, washed and set up the swing we are borrowing (thank you Sarah and Louie!) and cleaned out the spare bedroom. Hoping to do the following in the next 4 days:
Clean out bathroom, hallway, and foyer closets. Must make room for baby stuff. Lots of baby stuff. 
Clean out dresser in spare bedroom. More baby stuff. 
Clean out and scrub down fridge. Just cuz it's gross.
Detail my car and install carseat. (Interior of my car is pretty gross too). (Andy)
Finish packing hopital bag (almost done!)
Assemble Pack n Play
Make returns/exchanges at Babies R Us and Buy Buy Baby
Clean out loft and replace light fixture
Dust everything
Mop all floors (Andy)
Scrub Bathrooms (Andy)


Le Sigh. I feel like if I don't get it all done before I go back to work Tuesday, it will never get done. Speaking of work, yes...I am working up until my due date. That totals 17 more work days. I am praying for at least 1-2 snow days in the mix. I mean it has to snow eventually, right?! Work is becoming more and more challenging. I have so little patience left for my poor, sweet students. And my body hates me for being on my feet all day. I literally have to drag myself around and end up swollen and exhausted by the time I get home. BUT, the longer I work the more time I will have home with my sweet baby. So work I shall! I found an excellent long-term sub, so I am stoked about that. I now have the task of writing up lesson plans for her for 12 weeks. Bleh. 
So, some people say 37 weeks is "full term", but my doc says it's 36 weeks! Which means Poppy is full grown and ready to come out any time now! I must admit, when I first found out I was pregnant and read everything I could get my hands on, I learned that it's best for baby to stay inside as long as possible. I just knew I'd be patient, knowing my baby was doing his or her last 4 weeks of growing safe inside me. Ha. And now that I'm 'full term' I am so ready to meet this little poppy seed. I know myself, and I know that for the next however many days I will be obessessing over every possibel sign of labor. Where the hell is that mucous plug?! Was that a gas pain or a contraction? Is my water breaking or did I just pee myself a little (again). Do I have the poops from the White Castle I ate for snack, or because my body is prepping for labor? I thought not knowing Poppy's sex was going to be the greatest surprise, but now I am realizing not knowing Poppy's bithday is equally exciting in a similarly torturous way. Whenever this little one decides to arrive is truly fine with me, just please pray for him or her to come quickly and safely. It's all a great mystery at this point, and we have to trust in God that everything will go according to his plan. I just hope he has a kind plan for us ;)









No comments:

Post a Comment