Sunday, October 23, 2011

6 Months

Thursday marked 26 weeks and Friday exactly 6 months. I have been carrying this little poppy seed inside of me for half a year! Mind boggling when I put in those terms. Here is what Poppy is up to these days:


And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.


Lately I have been thinking about the fact that in about 3 months, I will no longer have this baby inside of me. It has now become such a part of me to house my baby, I can not imagine NOT carrying him or her. It's normal: it's who I am. We are one. And the thought makes me sad...like, really sad. Like, I cry a little sad. I can't help wonder if this is a normal feeling, or if I am crazy cakes. I mean, of course I cannot wait to see and hold and look into the eyes of our baby. But I also will no longer get to feel it wiggle and squirm and turn and kick from the inside. Poppy will no longer get to hear and feel the beat of my heart so intimately. I am hoping that once (s)he is here I won't even think about those things...I will have so many new and exciting experiences to look forward to every single day. But I must say, I love being your safe little home, Poppy. 


"No one will ever know the strength of my love for you.


After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside"

No comments:

Post a Comment