Thursday, October 27, 2011

Nest or Rest?

Today I am exactly 27 weeks pregnant....Poppy is due to arrive 3 months from yesterday, which means: HELLO THIRD TRIMESTER!


When I got my energy back in 2nd trimester, everyone said, "Don't worry, you will get really tired again and very uncomfortable once 3rd tri hits". Well damn you, everyone! You were right again! Except now, my mind and body are having a serious battle. You see, my nesting instinct is starting to kick in. I want to cook and bake and clean and organize. No joke, I woke up at 3:30am the other night and couldn't sleep...so naturally, I had to clean and reorganize the freezer. I come home from work and my feet and legs and hands are swollen like my homemade italian sausage. But I have no desire to rest....there is soup to be made! Oh, but my body gets me back for not resting. Revenge comes in the form of braxton hicks contractions. That wonderful sensation of my entire belly tightening like our baby one day will when (s)he has his or her first tantrum. Sorry, uterus, please take a time out. The tightening is accompanied by the feeling that i swallowed a 25 pound brick. Lovely. I can't help but wonder, how do pregnant mommies get through these times? I mean, I only have me and Andy to take care of...I can't imagine feeling this way and also taking care of another little one, or little ones for that matter! 
My other 3rd tri symptom is unquenchable thirst. I can't get enough water. Especially at night. Which leads to the insomnia. Drink, sleep, pee, lay, think, worry, toss, turn, try to find ANY position that does't hurt my aching hips and back. I've been up in the middle of the night every day this week anywhere from 1.5 - 4 hours. 
Aw, this entire post sounds like a bitch-fest :( I'm not complaining, just sharing my experience; and this is my reality. But I love it. I really do. 


I wore this to work for Halloween. I was a baby...having a baby. My students found this to be hilarious. 




On a different note, we are having Poppy's carpet installed in the nursery tomorrow. This means I can finally start to DECORATE! Squeeeeeeeee. I will post progress pics once we get started. So excited to make a comfortable home for my baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment