Saturday, August 6, 2011

15 weeks

As of yesterday we are 15 weeks! Yay poppy!


And I think I am allergic to my baby. I noticed on Tuesday night that my belly was itching more than ever, and figured it was because it's stretching. Wrong. I woke up Wedesday to find a nice, red rash forming. I immediately stopped scratching and called my OB, who said to come in. When he saw it he literally said, "Things that make you go hmmmmmm." Um, ok. He then told me to take benadryl, put anti-itch cream on it, and come back in a week, unless it got worse, in which case I should call the next day.
It's three days later and it's a little worse and spread across my ENTIRE belly. And yes, still itches like a mofo. Oh yeah, and I haven't taken any benadryl. Whoops. Sorry, I don't want my baby to be on uneccessary drugs. It could be an allergic reaction to the penicillin I am on for my baldder infection. My last dose is tonight so I guess if the rash goes away in the next day or two, there is our answer.
Most importantly, the doc didn't seem to be worried that the rash could hurt poppy in anyway. I can handle an itchy belly if the end result is a beautiful baby in my arms in 25 short weeks : ) Plus, it beats morning sickness any day!

No comments:

Post a Comment