Thursday, August 25, 2011

Do the hustle!

18 Weeks today, and the beginning of my fifth month! Getting very close to the halfway mark, woo-hoo! 
To celebrate this milestone, Poppy has been dancing all day today :) I sneezed, baby danced. I laid down, baby danced. I drove in the car, baby danced (and I cried). I've felt that amazing fluttering feeling for a few weeks now, but today has been an all-out dance party. I have found that feeling the baby move has finally given me the permission that I was waiting for to talk to him/her. I felt kind of stupid doing it before. But now, we have some communication in the works. Pretty sweet! Now I am just waiting for that first kick. Come on, poppy, hit me with your best shot! 
Vegetablally (yes, I made that word up), Poppy is about the size of a sweet potato this week. (S)he weighs approx. 5 1/2 oz and is about 5-5 1/2 inches long. Poppy also starts making poopy this week...we're so proud! Poop poppy, poop! 


Poppy looks something like this: 

In other news, I went garage sale-ing this morning and struck gold. For an antique lover and bargain-aholic (like me!), a good garage sale find it the ultimate high. As you know, I've been putting a lot of thought into Poppy's nursery, but haven't made any purchases yet. I have been waiting for that "Aha!" moment when I see that piece of furniture or piece of decor that inspires me. Well I found it today! An antique dresser in a beautiful light oak, and a shabby blue chair. They are both perfect. I also found a full set of wood letters for the alphabet wall at a different sale. Upon bringing everything home I had a panic attack over the lack of progress in the nursery. I suddenly feel anxious to have it painted tomorrow. Oh, and I found a beautiful light green changing table on craigslist, which I am hoping to pick up on Saturday. Sooooo exciting to get this vintage eclectic nursery moving along. 
Oh, and here are the dresser and chair:

The changing table:

The vintage Bambi toy highchair I found at an estate sale: 

The vintage Bambi lamp I stole from Uncle Sal:

This poor kid is going to hate antiques. Whoops! 

1 comment:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE the furniture!!!!!! Awwww, this is so awesome. I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete