Thursday, September 15, 2011

21 Weeks

Today marks 21 weeks...past the halfway point! Here is what's going on with Poppy this week:

Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot or banana.You may soon feel like she's practicing martial arts as her initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to her activity as you get to know her better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now, and if you're having a girl, her vagina has begun to form as well.

Here is a little visual aid...


Dear Poppy,

I can't believe how much I love you already. Especially now that I can feel you moving around inside of my belly, I am just amazed by it! I want you to know, Poppy, that I promise to do my best to never disappoint you. You see, my whole life Nonna and Grandpa have been there for me when I needed them. They NEVER let me down. Ever. I realize now, as an adult, what a valuable gift that is. Their unconditional love has given me security, self-confidence, and taught me how to love others. That is such a precious gift, and one that I cannot wait to pass on to you! You will lean, as you grow up, that sometimes in life we have to do things that we don't want to do, or don't feel like doing. But, when we have a commitment to someone or something, we have to do it anyway. This is one of the toughest life lessons to learn. But I promise to be a responsible parent and ALWAYS put you first, even if it means making some sacrifices myself. Because I know that the best way to teach you this life lesson is by example.
I have found that the fact that my own parents never disappointed me makes it that much more difficult to accept when others do disappoint me. I think it's worth the trade though. Especially because it has made me aware of how others feel if I disappoint them, and so I do my best to make everyone I love feel special and valued.
Well, this is probably getting a long and wordy for your little fetus brain, but the bottom line, Poppy, is that I love you. And you can always count on me!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment