Friday, September 2, 2011

19 Weeks!

Helloooooo, Mango! That's right, Poppy is the size of a delicious tropical fruit this week, round and sweet. At our ultrasound Tuesday we found out baby is about 10 ounces, which is a little more than average. Andy was 10 1/2 pounds at birth. Pray for me, that's all I have to say about that! Here is a mango next to a disgusting manhand and a quarter, if you are a visual learner...

This is also a big week for Poppy's sensory development. (S)he can hear my voice clearer than ever, and is developing a sense of taste. Based on today's menu, this child will love chili cheese fries, Zingerman's Ruebens and coke. Whoops. Excuse me while I go and eat some broccoli (and maybe a little ben & jerry's for good measure). 
Today Poppy got to double float. We're talking amniotic fluid AND the lazy river at Turtle Cove. Ah, nothing like floating in a tube all day long. Super relaxing after a bit of a scare last night. I had some major pain in my belly, almost like I had pulled a muscle. It kept getting worse so I called the Dr., and he said since the pain was up around my belly button it was NOT baby. Phew! I, of course, was crying and blubbering on the phone like an idiot. Probably just growing pains, exasperated by lots of stretching and pushing/pulling that I am not used to while setting up my classroom. I worry about this baby so much while it is safe inside of me, I cannot imagine the terror I will feel when (s)he is exposed to the horrors of the real world. Sheesh! 
Here we are the water park today. Yes, I rocked the Bikini Bump. I am sure some people disapprove, but luckily for me and Poppy, I could care less!

And, I have to share this picture of the Popster's daddy and best friend. They didn't even realize they were making the exact same face! Sickningly adorable:
Oh, what the heck, here's another!

I guess great minds think alike (no pun intended honey, hehehehe). Ciao for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment