Thursday, September 29, 2011

23 Weeks

Time is flying. I cannot believe tomorrow is Friday already, and have a feeling that the weeks are going to continue to pass quickly. 
Today Poppy is exactly 23 weeks old! Here is what's happening inside my belly:
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound, you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.
Watching Poppy squirm is indeed my favorite pastime. I also don't mind sharing the joy with others....want to rub this belly? Go right ahead! Want to feel Poppy dance? Place your hand right here...doesn't bother this mama in the least. I love the love. Bring it on :)




Today, while looking at some of the adroable sleepers and onesies we have acquired for Poppy, I had a total freak-out moment. An "Oh my god, we are really going to have a baby. A real, actual baby who will be living in this house and wearing these clothes. And it will be ours. And it will be soon." Awesome moment of surrealization. Also, looking online and in my baby books, I realize that Poppy is starting to look like an actual baby now. Cool. Amazing. Wonderful. Beautiful. 

We ordered the crib this week...thank you Nonna and Grandpa! We went with the vintage style Jenny Lind. It should arrive in the beginning of November and I can't wait! Also the nuresry is painted (thanks again to Grandpa!) and we're planning to have the carpet installed in the next week or two. Phew, things are finally beginning to come together. Poppy will be sleeping in our room for at least the first few months, so there truly isn't a need to have the nursery complete before (s)he arrives; but I feel such urgency and excitement!

I am currently laying on the couch, drinking water and trying to relax, because I believe I had my first Braxton Hicks contractions today. Totally freaked me out, just like every 'first' this pregnancy has. As scary as not knowing exactly what to expect is, I cherish every moment with Poppy and this journey we are taking together. You've taught me so much, Little One! I love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment