Monday, September 26, 2011

Sweet dreams are made of...

Nipples and shark teeth. I have had several dreams about Poppy over the past few months, and they have all involed breastfeeding. I guess somewhere in my subconscious mind I am anxious about it. So, in last night's dream I was nursing Poppy, and she was a girl. She was quite homely looking, as has been the case in most of my dreams (possibly another underlying fear?). She wasn't latching on properly, so I held her back and looked at her mouth, and she opened it wide. Inside were hundreds of tiny, pointy sharks teeth. Little white teeth completely covering the entire roof of her mouth. It was sooooo creepster!! I woke up immediately. What's up with that?
In a previous dream Poppy was a newborn (ugly) baby girl and I was nursing her and she stopped nursing to ask me if she could have something else to eat. Yeah, she could talk. I asked my mom if I could give her spinach and she yelled at me...how could I BE so stupid! Geez, the kid asked, didn't she?!
In my very first dream about Poppy he was a boy, and we were having an ultrasound. We could see him swimming in blue water, fully clothed in a red shirt and baby jeans, in cartoon form. The ultrasound tech told us he was a boy. And then I woke up.
I don't think Poppy will come out fully clothed, able to speak or with shark teeth (god help us!). But preggy dreamland is pretty darn entertaining :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word! Hilarious! And SCA-A-A-RY! I'm reading down through old posts here to catch up and you're cracking me up. I am so excited for you! And, have no fear--if Poppy does come out looking a little alien-esque, he/she will soon cuten up. Not sure if they really cuten up to the outside world, but they cuten up to a Mommy's heart, which is all that really matters. (speaking from past experience--twice! lol! Oh--and they truly are all beautiful now. hehe!)

    ReplyDelete